A swarm of bees came for my birthday.


Photobucket



It’s that time of year again! No, besides summer. It’s my birthday. Is it weird that I find it slightly strange to be turning 22? Usually I laugh at people when they ask if I feel any different but this year it does seem a little weird. For some reason I never got used to being 21. Not that there’s any special feel to that age either but I very rarely had to even think about how old I was never mind say it, so it still sounds strange to say. Oh well. At least I’m still at the point where I can just be happy with my age instead of where I’ll be 10 years from now and denying it.

Besides the fact that family is coming over tonight and we’re going whale watching this weekend for my birthday (yay whales!) something else came to celebrate. Bees! Yes, those wonderful little creatures decided our house is an awesome place to live. And by wonderful little creatures I really mean evil little pain in the asses. I know our house is nice and we love it, I just had no idea the bees would feel the same way. Specifically about our living room wall. They found a small crevice and moved themselves right in.

As for what kind of bees they are, the collective guess is they’re yellow jackets. Although we’ve gone from yellow jackets to wasps to hornets to carpenter bees back to yellow jackets. Honestly, we really have no idea what they are except that they are living in our wall and are very enthusiastically unwanted. So we decided to be good DIYers and take care of it with store bought spray. When they barely even twitched at the first one my hubby tried again. And again it didn’t work. After a third spray and still the bees were buzzing around we gave in and called a pest control company. We should have just started there.

Besides being bees with good taste (ignore the toot of my own horn) and apparently bionic since they can survive sprays made to kill them, they also have stage fright. When the pest control guy showed up I led him to the hole and we waited. Even though they always flying around especially near my head not a single one was to be found. He then returned to his car to get his little mirror one arrived and entered the hole. It was the one and only bee that surfaced while he was here and it was when he wasn’t looking. Of course! It’s like the little things knew their killer had arrived and stayed away. Stupid bees. So based on my description and where they made their nest he said they were more than likely yellow jackets but he can’t know for sure without seeing them.

So in two days they will be returning with their killer dust that will be blown into the wall and kill the bees. He said the entire nest will be killed off within three days of the dust being deployed. Yay! I’m not a big fan of sharing my home with bees. They can consider this their eviction notice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
July 27, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Happy Birthday Leo girl. My kid just turned 22 this past Saturday. Guess that makes me old enough to be your mother.

Party like a rockstar! and I'm jealous. Not of the bees. Of the Whale watching. Have fun!

DR. DAWN said...
November 10, 2021 at 11:32 AM

I am very grateful to Dr Dawn Acuna, for bringing back my husband who left me for another woman, that moment my husband Left me I thought I lost everything until a friend of my gave me Dr Dawn Acuna, WhatsApp contact, I messaged her and told her the pain I was going through so she told me that everything was going to be fine that if I have the faith and believe in her that the spell will surely work for me and my husband will surely come back home and she told me what to do, so those things were done and 48 hrs later my husband came back home begging for my forgiveness, am so happy and grateful to Dr Dawn Acuna, if you need her help contact her, she's accurate and sincere,
* If you want spell to conceive.
*If you want to get pregnant.
* If you want to return your lover
*If you want to cure any kind of sickness
* If you need spell to get good job. *If you want to stop having miscarriage. And E.T.C. write her on email { dawnacuna314@gmail.com }
WhatsApp: +2348032246310

Back to Home Back to Top Copyright Wait, She Said What?. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.